Our Mission and Vision
The mission of North State Independence High School is to provide an exemplary individualized education
in a nurturing community to students with diverse needs.
Students will be educated, mentored, and supported
as they achieve academic and personal goals to become productive, responsible citizens.
Our Guiding Principles
- Students are the center of everything we do. Our school will change and adapt to best serve our students.
- Students will experience in school what they are likely to experience after graduation by developing the tools that require them to solve problems and apply learned skills and behaviors in real life situations.
- Students will be guided and supported by valued staff members who seek, develop, and implement best practices and innovative ideas.
- Students will be served through a process of continuous assessment and improvement that requires and values the active participation and contribution of students, parents, staff, and community members.
- Students will be provided with a safe and supportive learning environment.
Expected School-wide Learning Results
All NSIHS Students will be:
¨ Globally strong, collaborative team members
¨ Objective problem solvers with critical thinking skills
¨ Navigators of technology
¨ Scholarly, resourceful, and effective communicators
¨ Investigators of college and career opportunities
¨ Health and safety conscious
¨ Self-directed, life-long learners with high academic standards
Last modified: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 8:54 PM